Thursday, April 28, 2011

mind against heart

I think the hardest part of letting go of someone is to try desperately to hold him or her back, knowing you're too weak without them. Deep inside you know that 'someone' will not come back to you, but still you're holding him/her back in name of letting go. you deceive yourself by saying, 'I'd just keep his favorite songs in my cellphone,it's not like i'm keeping their pictures anymore.' And although you've gone 3 or 4 months without talking/texting that 'someone special' you know you'd give in easily if he/she calls/texts you back. people will tell you he/she didn't deserve you, so move on, eventually you will, but through a painfull process. you would wonder if the other person is feeling the same, a part of you telling you 'yes we loved each other with the same intensity didn't we?' another part would tell you' no way, don't you remember what he/she did to you?' and so on, so on.
I call myself a warrior in a battle of heart against mind. I'm fighting against my heart because, my heart is weak and fragile. but my mind is strong and rational. I love love but it has lost its way of finding me.

2 comments:

  1. I think the hardest part of letting go is the deep desire to not let go. Letting go, is not as simple as deleting from a phone book or de-friending on facebook. It involves trying to forget the memories, the moments, and the number of times your heart skipped a beat.
    Personally, i don't let go and I guess i can't let go, because my past defines me and defines who I am now.
    Someone once told me, Don't try so hard to forget someone, you'll only end up remembering them more. So if you want to let go, then let go of the sad memories, let go of the pain and let go of anything you regret. However, if you want to be human, which you are, then keep all those things close and learn from them and accept that they happened and that they are a part of you.
    Lastly, love will find you and it can happen anytime and anywhere...don't give up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i think you too have got past this phase of 'trying to forget the past'. time is a great healer... I know I'll get there when I would allow myself to fall in love again :)
    thanks so much for everything.

    ReplyDelete